WE ARE MOPAR (“WAM”) continues to provide a secure and exciting environment for the world’s largest growing MOPAR event.
The following FAQ’s are provided to make your visit to Texas Motor Speedway® a stress-free one.
Can I bring my drone to the show?
No, unfortunately, Texas Motor Speedway (“TMS”) has a very strict No Fly Zone. Due to the topography of TMS, in order for anyone to operate a drone inside of TMS, permission has to be granted by the FAA and TMS. Currently, they are not accepting applications for the event. Note that if you do decide to bring/fly your drone, local law enforcement reserves the right to confiscate your drone. DO NOT FLY THEM
Can I bring a cooler?
Yes, as long as there is no alcohol and does not contain any glass. Note that all coolers are subject to inspection.
Can I bring my dog?
Yes, you can bring your dogs but they MUST be on a leash at all times, and YOU are responsible for cleaning up after your dog.
Can I bring my weapon/gun?
No, guests are not allowed to bring weapons or firearms on the premise, concealed or otherwise, and all other items restricted by local, state, and federal laws. This is applicable to everyone, no exceptions, and no matter if you have a CHL in your home state, or a LTC in TX. No guns/weapons are allowed.
We understand that everyone wants to feel safe, and for that reason, there will be several state/local officers at the venue to assist should there be an issue.
Can I bring a golf cart?
TMS does not allow the use of personal golf carts on Speedway property during special events. Golf cart usage will be limited to only those individuals authorized by event staff and with specified credentials.
Can I get a refund if it rains?
This is a rain or shine event, no refunds will be issued due to inclement weather. But, given that this is Texas, in August, a little rain would actually be welcomed!
What time can I start lining up to enter the venue?
Gates officially open to the public at 3:00PM. To expedite the process, make sure everyone in the car has a wristband!
Can I bring a tent?
Yes, you can bring a tent to set up in your area, but be mindful that the TMS infield sits at the bottom of the oval. Due to the topography of the banked corners, it is very windy in the infield. You will need to anchor your tent with more than just a 5lb weight. You are responsible for any damage your tent causes if it blows away and damages a show car. Please keep that in mind if you decide to bring a tent.
Do I need a wristband to enter?
Yes, everyone that enters the venue over 5 years old, will need a wristband. Pre-ordering spectator tickets online will make the process much easier. We will have spectator tickets available for purchase at Friday Night Lights, and on event day. Remember that everyone in the car over 5 years old MUST have a wristband before you can enter the Speedway. You w ill be pulled out of line while all parties purchase their wristband for entry.
Basic Car Show Etiquette
· Respect the show vehicles – DO NOT TOUCH THE CARS.
· Be mindful when you are walking around the cars checking them out. Remember the buttons and zippers, handbags, even fingernails will scratch a cars surface. Also be mindful of camera equipment, book bags, etc. will also inadvertently scratch a car if it brushes against the paint.
· WATCH YOUR CHILDREN. Please make sure your child is tended to at all times. It is your responsibility to make sure your child is not throwing toys, rocks, or other items around where the cars are parked or driving.
· Absolutely NO revving, speeding, or burnouts will be allowed (this applies to both Friday Night Lights and event day). We are operating on a ZERO TOLERANCE. You will not be asked to stop, you will be asked to leave, and then escorted out of the venue for any violation. No exceptions. This is common sense. The venue will be packed with children and other spectators and we will not allow behavior that puts those people at risk for injury. Remember Zero Tolerance. You will not be warned, you will be escorted off the premises.
· We love our loud music as much as anyone, that’s why we hired an amazing DJ to MC the event. Please do not demo your amazing sound system. It is disruptive and will drown out announcements that we will be making throughout the day.
Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to making this event amazing! If you still have questions, please EMAIL US or you can contact us HERE!